How CCI Can Help
The CCI Team is focused on meeting you where you are by offering flexible, cost-effective IT infrastructure services. Below is the initial portfolio of services available today:
Virtual Server Hosting
The first service built for the CCI initiative is Virtual Server Hosting, also known as CCI Virtualization. We met with campus partners to gather requirements and built the service to meet those requirements as much as possible. The initial focus is on self-provisioning, but the service will iteratively improve by adding new features along the way.
The new service offers self-provisioning, daily billing, and scalable infrastructure to meet your needs. To get started, please see Obtaining Access to CCI Virtualization. To learn more about the service (like features and timelines), visit the CCI KnowledgeBase.
Physical Server Hosting
Due to limited space in our data centers physical server hosting requests are handled on a case-by-case basis. If you need physical server hosting, also known as co-location, reach out to us to discuss options.
There are a wide variety of storage options available to help meet your data needs. Our Scale-out storage is great for file shares, home directories, and large data sets. The High Performance storage is great for databases, virtual environments, and high availability data sets. You can choose file and/or block options for both the Scale-out and High Performance storage. Available protocols include: CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, Direct Attached, SFTP, and more.
Benefits of utilizing shared storage are:
- Scalable - you can request only what you need today and easily grow into more storage as you need it
- Low Maintenance - you will never have to replace a hard drive again - we take care of that!
- Flexible - multiple ways to connect and authenticate (like using your local Active Directory)
Bucky Backup services are available to protect your data. There are three options to choose from:
- Bucky Backup Enterprise - great for mission critical data that needs multiple protection layers (data stored on disk and on tape)
- Bucky Backup Lite - great for important data that needs an off-site copy (data stored on disk)
- Bucky Backup Archive - great for data that needs to be kept but not regularly accessed (data stored on tape)
Future CCI services will be developed in collaboration with campus partners based on campus requirements. Contact us if you have an idea or need for a new service.